Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Crazy Sock Day, Moab


The trail is called 7 Mile Rim.  The requirements for this trail is that the ladies had to drive and you were suppose to wear crazy socks as you can see by the picture.  This is not an easy trail , there are some hard spots to get over or down.  But it is give the women an opportunity to get more comfortable with driving on the trails.  And most of the husbands/partners came along so we women were not alone out there.  But Glenn stayed home so I invited Faith to go with me so we had a real "girls" day.  I have a funny story to tell.  In our club when we need a potty break it is called a 10-100, men go to the left and woman go to the right because of course women are always right, ha ha.  Well we stopped yesterday, I thought to look at an overlook not realizing it was a 10-100 stop.  I am talking with Sherm and we are heading to the left side, where the overlook is,  when all of a sudden I hear"Mary what are you doing over here!!!"  I had walked right into the men's 10-100 spot, boy did we laugh and I got ragged all day on the CB about this incident.  So I made my lunch, drove the jeep on the trail, aired up the tires after the run, went to the grocery store, did a load of laundry and cooked dinner.............what a woman, ha ha   Glenn is still speechless on this.  On the 2nd picture, I wish I had had Micklick drive Glenn's jeep up on the arch and then he could have stepped out of the picture and Glenn could have thought I drove it up there.  Pretty cool picture isn't it, not much room up there.  Great time here in Moab, one of my most favorite places to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment